hard drive reformatted with windows usb????

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
I decided I needed to refresh my pc and went onto win 10 store to make a usb boot. Unknowingly it completely erased my entire external hard drive and made the entire hdd a 32 gb boot drive. I tried to get all of my data back with no avail. ( I figure its gone for good). Now my 1 tb hard drive wont reformat to 1 tb , it stays on 32 gb . please help

Solution
If you're not focusing on recovering the lost data and just want to restore the drive to 1TB, you'll need to delete the partition through disk management. You can right-click the start button and select disk management. Then on the 1TB external, right-click and delete the partitions until it's one big 1TB unallocated space, than right-click and create a new simple volume. Finish going through the wizard and the drive will show up in Explorer with the full capacity.
If you're not focusing on recovering the lost data and just want to restore the drive to 1TB, you'll need to delete the partition through disk management. You can right-click the start button and select disk management. Then on the 1TB external, right-click and delete the partitions until it's one big 1TB unallocated space, than right-click and create a new simple volume. Finish going through the wizard and the drive will show up in Explorer with the full capacity.

Solution