psu only and only and only for gpu and how to install it.

VaiBHavKU

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016
few days ago i bought a cpu which has weird type of connectors and it it impossible to change the psu to higher wattage for amd rx 460.. so i planned to use a secondary psu to power the gpu. so please suggest me the psu
one more question please mobo have 2 pcie slots for gpu one is white and other is black which one is used for gpu (Dont laugh on me... I'm a beginner now and my language also)
cpu- amd 6800k
gpu- amd rx 460
ram- 8 gb ddr3 1600mhz
it is preconfigured hp microtower 6305 in which i want to add a gpu.i already bought it(free of cost)

these are the pics of cpu
http://imgur.com/a/9HA1y

Solution
Nothing to do. You cannot replace your current power supply with any standard power supply. If you can find a drive bay power supply like the FSP Group Booster X5 450W or something like it, that would probably work for you, but I'm not able to find any available for sale anywhere.

-Wolf sends

xFeaRDom

Estimable
If you plan on getting a secondary PSU, you may as well just upgrade your current PSU.

May I recommend (On a larger budget) a EVGA Supernova G2 at 550W, if that is available where you live. If not, then may I get a budget and I can recommend something different. The G2 would probably be overkill, but it is future proof.

About the motherboard question, do you know the make and model of your motherboard, as it may either be a different type of PCI slot, or you could have 2 PCI-E x16 slots.

xFeaRDom

Estimable

If there are no higher wattage PSUs, then I doubt you can do anything about it.

But you don't neccessarily have to get a HP PSU, just get something that has a higher wattage. As it is a tower, not a laptop, then I'm sure any power supply will be good for you.

It just depends on the size of the power supply and how it is secured into the case.

VaiBHavKU

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016

yes it has enough space in front between the drives around 8*6*4 inches(l*b*h) approx( i measured it now)

xFeaRDom

Estimable

Agreed. That should power your system nicely, and is a nice upgrade from your current power supply. And it shouldn't cost too much, and will most likely be small enough to fit nicely into the case.

VaiBHavKU

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016
but power connectors dont allow me to buy this...in my pc 24 pin power supply splits into 4 cables and and have only 2 molex one for hdd and dvd writer. no extra connectors it have

VaiBHavKU

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016

i know connectors and i read it but connectors is splits in my tower for ex. 24 pin is splited into 4 parts, cpu power also splits into 2 parts and molex connectors also

Actually you can have more than one PSU in a case, IIRC there was/is a PSU available that is solely for GPU's and fits into a 5" HDD bay and you can even get adapters that allow for two PSU's from the motherboard header.

VaiBHavKU

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016

yes and i seen it at many build in pcpartpicker

Actually you'll find that the 'only just big enough' PSU's from HP and the like are actually very good, obviously only up to their rated wattage. They don't want the hassle of repair and warranty. It's the smaller own brand builders that use more generic components.

VaiBHavKU

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016

ok.. i orderder it corsair 450 from flipkart thanks gamerboy357.. now what to do next

VaiBHavKU

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016
i,m thinking to use to 2 separate switch for psu s one for internal psu and it is already installed ..second i installed a another switch in rm 450. an power second psu first then power internal psu .i'm not do hibernating or sleeping or log off to avoid damage to gpu

xFeaRDom

Estimable

Looking at all of this,

You are just over complicating everything, the PSU recommended will be able to power your entire system, so you don't need to use 2 separate PSUs.

VaiBHavKU

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016

bro i know it ,,,,,problem is the connectors in motherboard it is it not like that we seen at internet or pc build or at your given video

VaiBHavKU

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016

yes i know it is enough for the build.....i'm not complicating the situation but my motherboard tends to complicating the situation..for new power supply i need to buy a new mobo that have all similar power connectors that we see in our daily life

VaiBHavKU

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016
preconfigured pc have weird type of thing that doesnt allow user for further modification. that is why in future i dont buy preconfigured pc and especially from hp and not recommending any one to buy a preconfigured pc