Alternatives to Logitech and Microsoft

dstarfire

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I'm looking for an alternative to Logitech* and Microsoft for my next keyboard, and am not finding many good choices. I've looked at gaming keyboards as Logitech has yet to dominate that market segment, but those seem to focus on backlighting, mechanical switches, and extravagant/offbeat designs, none** of which are features I want.

More specifically, I'm looking for a wireless keyboard, with some basic media keys (vol up/down, mute, stop, forward, rewind, play/pause), preferably without needing any more software than specific drivers.

So, are there any reputable manufacturers still making mainstream, non-gimicky keyboards?

* All 3 of the logitech keyboards I've owned had a problem (probably in the software) wherein they'd occasionally stop responding for several seconds when gaming or doing other resource-intensive tasks.

**I'm not against mechanical switches, it's just not a feature I'm interested in (and would require some experimentation/research to find the switch-type that is right for me).