kernel power41, clock watchdog timeout on Win 10

amiga2000

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
Hello,

I have a problem with WIndows 10 and specifically with this system. I have recently installed Win 10 on a purely new HDD and I have been having frequent computer reboots ever since. What happens is monitor turns blacks and behaves like being in semi-hybrid sleep mode, it hangs like that for 15-25 seconds, then it turns off and reboots. System tells it is Kernel Power 41, clock watchdog timeout error. I also have Windows 7 (last updated on 2012) on my other HDD and everything works great.
The only problem occurs when I switch the system on new HDD with Windows 10.

I tried disabling audio cards (win 10 installed 3 audio drivers for some reason), cleaning dust from inside of the case, changing connectors from one surge power to the other (I only have computer + monitor pinned to a surge connector with other electrical devices pinned to other connectors in my room), updating GPU, audio, ethernet, motherboard drivers, checking connections on my PSU. I can't update BIOS because the last version is 2013 beta version with lots of features lacking in comparison to the final BIOS. I checked on Microsoft and Gigabyte and basically they do not list my motherboard as being compatible with Win 10 nor they deny it. However, Gigabyte has drivers for Win 10 for my motherboard, which I have installed. I also tried to increase voltage of my CPU from V 1046-1054 to V 1150 but BIOS would not let me start the system.

I really do not know what to do and I am sure there is some problem with the drivers but I am not able to locate it. I have no clue where to look for solution.

please help
thank you

CPU: Core I3 3240
PSU: Corsair 600cx
GPU: GTX 750ti
motherboard: GA-Z68AP-D3
8 giga RAM
HDD 1 giga WD Red (win 10)
HDD 0,5 giga Seagate (win 7)

Solution
BSOD and Kernel41 seem to be gone for now after the Intel chipset upgrade (btw Intel tool for driver updates is very good - it even informed me about the existence of update that I totaly forgot about). I brought back CPUs 2nd core online, plugged the other HDD and there have been no critical errors since then. However, some weird things started to happen with my CPU usage going to 70%-90%. All my WIndows updates are gone and yesterday system was downloading them again. I don't know what is going on but they are again back and ready to be installed. I switched windows updates back to automatic in system as the other option seems to cause some problems. Anyway I have no critical errors anymore and even occasional events seem to be gone...

Colif

Win 11 Master
clock watchdog timeout is a CPU error. I would remove any overclocks and probably that voltage increase

error 41 just means PC restarted and Win 10 isn't sure why. I haven't seen it tied directly to a BSOD before, normally just happens after resets,
Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

dump files may zero in on problem more than my guessing.

amiga2000

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
Thanks for the answer sensei. I did the debugging process but I do not have a cloud server so I can't link this at the moment. However, yesterday I unplugged wireless mouse USB (i normally have two mice plugged) and HDD (win 7), installed new Intel chipset and what is most important I switched off 1 core in BIOS. Since then I haven't had problems. I will see how it goes from here. Debugging tool also informed that intelppm.sys might be the issue (this is probably a Windows driver for CPU).

amiga2000

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
BSOD and Kernel41 seem to be gone for now after the Intel chipset upgrade (btw Intel tool for driver updates is very good - it even informed me about the existence of update that I totaly forgot about). I brought back CPUs 2nd core online, plugged the other HDD and there have been no critical errors since then. However, some weird things started to happen with my CPU usage going to 70%-90%. All my WIndows updates are gone and yesterday system was downloading them again. I don't know what is going on but they are again back and ready to be installed. I switched windows updates back to automatic in system as the other option seems to cause some problems. Anyway I have no critical errors anymore and even occasional events seem to be gone for now. Let's hope this is really fixed.

thanks

Solution