0xc00000e9 error on brand new custom PC build

joe_thetechy

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
Hi! I have just spent a quick $2000 on my dream computer. I got everything to turn on BUT whenever I insert the windows 10 disk into the optical drive it gives me the 0xc00000e9 error. I have looked all over the internet at how to fix this and I couldn't really find anyone with the same issue. I have tried many different things from switching my HDD to the SSD. I've done everything in the BIOS that I need to do. So I have resulted to coming next to a forum please help!

Solution
is the drive internal or external (in other words, is it attached by sata cables or USB?)?

did you make the installer or buy it? You might want to make a new one and try it as I have read that can fix this. You can download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB or DVD. Try making a USB instead as it doesn't matter which installer you use, just as long as its same version that matches your licence. So don't make a Pro version if you have home.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3086611/instal-error-0xc00000e9-brand-system-windows.html

Colif

Win 11 Master
is the drive internal or external (in other words, is it attached by sata cables or USB?)?

did you make the installer or buy it? You might want to make a new one and try it as I have read that can fix this. You can download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB or DVD. Try making a USB instead as it doesn't matter which installer you use, just as long as its same version that matches your licence. So don't make a Pro version if you have home.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3086611/instal-error-0xc00000e9-brand-system-windows.html

Solution

joe_thetechy

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016

It is an internal sata drive, both the HDD and the SSD. The windows 10 is an oem version that I ordered for like $80 I'm not sure what the link was.
I will try the USB solution and get back.