How to fix code 43? HELP ASAP

Nick18

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016
Hello all.

So about 2hours ago i got an error saying windows has stopped the device because it has reported problems (code 43) a request for the usb device descriptor failed after some research i found it was a driver issue for my astro a50 headset which has been working with 0 errors for the longest of times but when i go to install the astro a50 driver i get a error saying Connect your device.

So i cannot install the drivers because my pc wont recognise the device all of a sudden.

I have tried all USB ports on the pc including all of my usb hubs ports and still nothing.
I have restarted the pc several times.
I have installed and uninstalled all audio drivers.

All images of the errors can be found at http://imgur.com/a/By0mS as it wont let me post them as attachments.

PC SPECS:
i7 4790k @4.0ghz
gtx 970
16gb ram
700wpsu
MSI h81m-e34
2TB HDD
astro a50

If any further information is required please dont hesitate to ask i would like this solved asap.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried headset on another PC? It could be they did just stop working

Things that have been reliable forever don't last forever. I had speakers die this year that I had used for 15 years, they were so reliable until then that it took me several months to realise it was them causing the problems I had.

Nick18

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016

I actually did think this myself aswell as it has been working for a long time so i tried it on my sisters laptop and then the desktop downstairs and both got the same error but it isnt broken as it lit up on all 3 and meed the du dust noise it makes when you plug in a usb.

Nick18

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016

Ye i have the astro firmware installed from when it was working and if i try to install it again it says no device connected so it wont install it again.

UPDATE - I plugged my headset back in this morning and went to device manager and now astro wireless transmitter is showing up in there but as disabled and wont let me enable it and is not shown in playback devices.

Nick18

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016

Thanks for helping Colif, I have actually just changed the power cable to the older one i had and the headset seems to be working fine again.

I guess it was a some what a faulty wire.