windows 10 reset time too long

Arun_35

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
hi guys..... a problem....here.....

I installed malwarebytes and scanned my laptop..it showed some microsoft files as malware too.. Thinking it was malware i removed it completely.. This made my taskbar &windows button and windows apps crash and they were not opening.. I googled and decided to reset my laptop. I reset it by choosing remove everything option and then "Remove files and clean the drive" but it is taking long time to reset.

Its about 9% for 3.3hrs and so.. Is this normal? Should i force shut down? I am afraid this might corrupt my windows..

My system specs here http://www.compuindia.com/dell-new-inspiron-laptop-15-5559-i7-16gb-ram-2tb-hdd-4gb-hd-55597162tb4s.html

Please tell me what should i do? Should i continue?

Solution
its probably still cleaning the drive, its got 2tb to work through. It can take a long time to do 2tb. Just leave it a few more hours.

corrupting windows? lol. you doing a full reset, at this stage you would be lucky to have windows at all on the drive. It uses a hidden partition to install win 10 from again.

if it is still stuck tomorrow, I would turn it off and on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Since you doing a full reset, just do a full install instead. Follow this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Colif

Win 11 Master
its probably still cleaning the drive, its got 2tb to work through. It can take a long time to do 2tb. Just leave it a few more hours.

corrupting windows? lol. you doing a full reset, at this stage you would be lucky to have windows at all on the drive. It uses a hidden partition to install win 10 from again.

if it is still stuck tomorrow, I would turn it off and on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Since you doing a full reset, just do a full install instead. Follow this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Solution

Arun_35

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
actually it got reset in some six hours or so............but anyways thanks for your help. but now the only problem i am facing is that intel rapid technology is not working........what should i do now?? also the hourglass repeatedly pops up next to the cursor..please help me ...

Arun_35

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016

how to check that??

Colif

Win 11 Master
I only asked about raid & the drive as you said IRST wasn't working. The listing of your specs don't suggest a 32gb drive so it might not be there, just curious why you have IRST running with just one drive. Many laptops have an unlisted 32gb drive that acts as a cache for slower 2tb hdd, and they use IRST to power the cache.

on desktop, right click this PC
choose manage
in the next window, in left column choose disk management
expand window so you can see middle column
does it show two discs here, if you have two discs it will look something like this (This isn't a cache system, just an example. disc 0 is an SSD & disc 1 is a hdd, Disc 2 is a USB)
MTE7LGg.jpg

If its set up as a cache drive, windows itself won't see the drive as its hidden. Disk Management should see it though.