"No Signal Display"

kei2urheart

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
Just finished my first PC build and powered it on. The fans on the CPU cooler and graphics card are working as well as both led light indicators however,
I keep getting a "no signal" message on my monitor. Checked all connections and everything is plugged in. I'm using a Asus P8H61-R2.0 motherboard and a MSI Radeon R9 380 graphics card, and an LG 20M37D monitor. Don't know what to do, please help.

Solution
try your monitor & video cable(s) on another computer whether a laptop, desktop or a friend's to make certain they work.
Hello... Try a MB Video output first, to your Monitor... and set your monitor to the cable type you are using with the Monitor setup screen. Modern intel CPU's and MB's will default to these Video outputs... Then you must 'enable" the EXT PCIe, in the BIO's, to use your Video card, save and exit.

kei2urheart

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
The monitor won't let me adjust settings without installing the proper software on pc, but can't install software because I need the monitor to work to see what I'm doing. Also don't know how to install proper motherboard drivers for the display without havinga monitor working to see what i'm doing.

Hello... The BIO's, MB, CPU and your Monitor do not need any drivers for a BOOT display... Typically Monitors have a setup screen to set the input cable type, Push the buttons on it to access it and set it.

Remove you Video card... and re-boot, then try all the MB Video connectors to your monitor.

kei2urheart

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
Tried all video ports as well as removing the graphics card, didn't work. Also tried using different monitor and nothing worked. Can't get a video signal in order to access the BIOS menu.

kei2urheart

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
Tried clearing the cmos and that didn't work either, also tried removing the ram stick and cleaning it off and putting it back in and it also didn't work. Really starting to worry now, I put a lot of money into this build and i'm still new at this, any other suggestions would be much appreciated. The specs to my build are as follows

Thermaltake care V! mini ITX cube
EVGA 500W
I7 2600K
ETS-N3O II CPU Cooler
MSI Radeon R9 380
8 gb Kingston Hyper X fury
250gb Samsung Solid State Drive