Water cooling beginner

Jacopo94

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
Hi everyone!
i wanted some insight on a custom watercooling setup that i am planning.
i was directed on EKWB by a friend and i used their setup configurator (btw i am running Asus Maximus VII hero Intel i7 4790k and 2x GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 (GV-N970WF3OC-4GD))
and i selected these products http://oi68.tinypic.com/2u5wbnm.jpg from the suggested list and added a pump resevoir combo and a radiator,
now my questions are:
is everything i selected needed ?
is everything i selected correct for my setup?
are 3 mt of cable enough to complete the loop?
do i need any other fitting other than those 10 and is it worth getting any extra ones?
will all of this stuff fit well into a Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX case?
should i get a different kind of resevoir pump combo for this case and a different kind of radiator?
is a 620w psu enough to run all of this ?
and i think that should be all of my questions for now. i know i could check some of those things by myself, and i will, but i want to be extra sure since this is my first attempt at water cooling and to me it seems a very daunting process.
thank you very much for reading all of this, i cant wait to read all of yours suggestions!

ps: my budget is around 900/1000€ for case and water cooling components.

pps:it's very late and english is not my first language so please excuse any gammar bs in this post.

Jacopo94

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016

as i said in my first post it was very late and i was unable to find any of that info.
now i red most of that article and i calculated the tdp of my setup at around 340/346 and if i am reading the radiator estimation sheet right for a delta T of around 10°C i need a radiator that can accomodate 2x 120mm fan at a flow rate of 1.50GPM.
am i reading the table correctly?
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2r3yq78.jpg

Jacopo94

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
i thought that too but that's the data i could find
cpu: intel i7 4790k tdp=88 on the official intel site
gpu:GeForce GTX 970 on an article on toms hardware tdp=145x2=290w
cpu+gpu=290+88=378+30(dummy pump load)=408w
but this formula then multiplies it by 0.85 because the values are at 100% load and "heat dissipation can never be 100% efficient of power consumption"
(CPU watts @load + GPU watts @load + GPU watts @load+ pump watts) x 0.85 = Loop TDP watt estimate
which gives 408x0.85=346,8w

so i rounded the numbers a bit in the previous post.
am i doing everything right?
so i then took the numbers from the pump i was planning to get and it declares a lphmax of 1000lph and a max head preessure of 5.2m
and looking at their graph i should get something like 3.75lpm at around 370 mbar but these differences in units throw me off quite a bit so here is the graph from the site https://www.ekwb.com/shop/media/wysiwyg/16055_EK_Graf_D5_DDC3_03_small.png

ps:i dont intend to do any overclocking i just wanted to upgrade to a better cooling option and make a new experience + reduce the noise from my machine

edit: what i dont get is how do i know what kind of pressure am i going to get in the loop and how do i know the flow rate without the pressure?i picked a point on that graph close to the intersection of the power and pressure lines guessing that that should be the average working zone of that pump.

Jacopo94

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
i want to try and refrase my firt post now that i studied a little more.
i will begin with my current configuration:
MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VII socket intel LGA 1150 chipset Z97
CPU: intel i74790k
GPU: 2x Geforce gtx 970
RAM: Corsair CMY16GX3M2A2400C11A Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB)
storage: 2 samsung ssd 840PRO in raid0 and a 3 tb WesternDigital WD3003FZEX black
cooling: 2x120mm intake fan,noctua nh-d14 with 2 120mm fan,1x120mm fan exaust(the case allows only for those)
PSU: Antec HCG-620 620w

now i wanted to upgrade to a better case anyway so that i can get a better cable management and because the coolermaster silencio550 is getting a bit small and frankly it didnt reduce the noise that mutch and since i am not leaving the pc on all night long that mutch nowadays i went for a Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATXcase that is a little bit larger and really cool looking ,seeing all of those "water cooling ready" features i thought,since i wanted to do it for a long time , to upgrade to a custom water cooling loop.
i was reccomended from a friend to go check out EKWB products and i am liking them so i went and used their configurator and i choose

CPU Waterblock: EK-Supremacy EVO-Nickel
GPUs Waterblock: EK-FC970 GTX WF3 - Nickel and EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Backplate - Nickel
RAM Waterblock: EK-RAM Monarch X4 - Nickel
Pump and Resevoir: EK-XRES 100 DDC MX 3.2 PWM
Radiator: EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual)

i dont know if there is a MOBO Block too for my specific chipset or for my whole MOBO because i would like to get one for that too since i am going at it.
the real question is :will all of those components work properly together? i mean is that pump strong enough and is the radiator large enough? if i understood the result of that table then i think yes those will work and i should get around delta T of >10°c. i just want someone that has more experience than me on this matter to "double check it" so that i dont spend 800€ on something that would not work.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The sheet should do the estimation for you once you input all your values - you shouldn't really have to do much math...I did it all for you.

Based on that, you're going to want a VERY good 2x120mm rad or a 3x120 rad...or something similar like a 2x140mm.

Jacopo94

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
ok so taking those results as good i am getting a 2x140mm radiator now whats left?
i need to design the loop itself so i was thinking :
the first tube from the pump goes to the gpu the output from that goes to the other gpu and the output from that goes to the ram then to the cpu,the output from the cpu goes to the radiator and from the radiator back to the resevoir. is that right or should i split the pump output to the different components and then rejoin the resulting outputs to the radiator?

Loop order doesn't really affect temps, at most a degree or two. I wouldn't recommend splitting your loop, though maybe consider a multi-GPU link waterblock to links card together. I'm using one for my 970 2-way SLI. If not, still fine. You should be able to arrange things the way you like. Custom loops offer plenty of freedom for creativity

Jacopo94

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016

yeah i was reading about that and i think i am going to parallel for the gpus.
the waterblock for the rams was like 30€ so i included it to give more of a complete look since all of the loop was going to be visible and everything is black red and nickel the rams, being golden, would have stuck out a bit.