PC Startup Issues (Need help)

Isaac99

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2014
Hey there,

So, last night I was getting a blue screen with an error code 0xc000021a. After restarting I would constantly get this error. Of course I searched the code, and tried all the suggested solutions - none worked.
I decided to click the Reset PC option, there was nothing else I could really do. It then said the pc could not be reset, the pc proceeded to turn itself off.

Since then, as I turn the pc on, the computer goes to sleep and goes in a constant loop of turning off and sleeping, turning off and sleeping...

How do I fix this? I desperately need my pc.

How old is the system you are talking about Isaac ?

Are we talking relatively new, or a few years old.

If the latter, then it is most commonly down to the power supply in the system due to it`s age if three to four years old, or more becoming faulty.

The symptoms of a old and aged power supply are, windows or the system it`s self when using it suddenly starts to produce blue screen error messages, or it may randomly crash, the system resets on it`s own.

Or power suddenly cut`s from the whole system while using it.
And the system fails to fully power up, and power loops.

Please state if the system was pre built, or was built by yourself.
Quote the power supply brand used in the system, it`s total wattage, and how old you think the power supply is if not a newly built system.

Isaac99

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2014
Thanks for the reply,

The computer would definitely be a few years old now. I bought it second hand from my friend who had put it together himself. It's a Thermaltake 750W power supply, it would have to be atleast 2-3 years old now. I'm planning to upgrade my system in the near future, just don't have the money at the moment.

I have had this issue before and I fixed it by unplugging and removing my cards and placing them back in. Doesn't seem to work this time however.