Can't make win 10 boot from stick

Daniel Vartolomei

Honorable
May 7, 2014
So i decided to scan my PC online after i saw my IP was found by a hacker and at the near end my PC restarted. Now i can't start again i did recovery but its always stuck at the black screen with no mouse pointer. I can't also boot from my win10 image that i burned on my stick no matter what order i put the drives. I dont know what to do, i dont have a dvd writer and its formated in fat32... Thanks in advance

Solution
what motherboard do you have? You may need to do more to get USB working at boot or turn off secure boot/fast boot options as some can ignore all other USB at boot besides KB/Mouse.
Do a few cold reboots,hit the power switch on the PSU (back of your case) when reaching the black screen to see if the recovery options start up.
Also test the usb on a other PC to see if it is really bootable or if it only contains the image file.
Using YUMI you can make a usb with a linux distro to see in what kind of state your HDD is in,to copy off files you might want to keep and even to re partition the drive (reverting it back to completely empty and "unused" state) in case the usb doesn't startup because of some problem with the HDD partition.

Daniel Vartolomei

Honorable
May 7, 2014

AsRock H61m, and those options are off already.

Daniel Vartolomei

Honorable
May 7, 2014

I did the cold reboots, no luck, and i have a SSD as my primary.

Daniel Vartolomei

Honorable
May 7, 2014

I did the cold reboots, no luck, and i have a SSD as my primary.

Daniel Vartolomei

Honorable
May 7, 2014

its the VS3 dont know still no fix for me i will try a few more times today then Monday im gonna send it to a computer repair store.

USAFRet

Titan

How did you create this USB stick?
The MS MediaCreation tool is easiest, and it works.

Colif

Win 11 Master
on the advanced screen of bios, there is USB Configuration
can you make sure its set to enabled and not UEFI set up only

A few ideas:

try putting USB into PC and starting and then go into bios and add USB to top of boot menu, some BIOS can only add USB to list if its plugged in.

Try putting USB into PC and tapping F12 at start and aPut USb at top of list.

Daniel Vartolomei

Honorable
May 7, 2014

First i made it with Rufus. then after it didnt booted with anything, i made it with win7 usb tool

Daniel Vartolomei

Honorable
May 7, 2014

I will do that, ty. Nope since this is the only usb stick that i have of 8 gb. The others are 1-2 gb sizes.

Daniel Vartolomei

Honorable
May 7, 2014

The win10 tool can't find my usb drive i tried restarting the app and doing a few plug in/plug outs but no luck. The Windows i have on my backup pc can find it.

Daniel Vartolomei

Honorable
May 7, 2014

It does i formated it and tried again still the same. Dont know what to do anymore, ill just have to send it to a PC repair store on Monday. Thank you for your help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have 8 GB USB flash that doesn't boot nor is recognized by DiskPart? - German-made Hama 8GB USB 2.0 FlashPen? Fancy. It returns "Missing Operating System".
https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/ticket/80

i can't find anything specific, i would get another 8gb stick from another maker and see if it works. Might be cheaper than a repair at shop.