Unable To Update Due To "Incompatible CPU"

TheSummitOfExistence

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
So I've finally gotten around to installing the Anniversary Update yet when I try everything checks out except the CPU check which say's my I7-4790K is incompatible, which obviously isn't true seeing as this is a semi-rare problem and their are plenty of people already running it fine.

So far I've tried setting NX and double checking for viruses but came up empty on both. I'd rather avoid formatting since others have had this problem with similar setups on clean installs and it would suck if it solved nothing.

I appreciate any advice and hopefully I can get the update installed.

TheSummitOfExistence

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
That got it! Thank you. Sorry if that had been answered before, I did a bit of Googling but came up empty handed and then remembered Tom's but forgot to search first.. I swear this community is the best, any problem I've ever had solved within ten minutes.

Hi

What program is telling you the cpu is incompatible?
It may be a bug in the Microsoft software that detects the hardware
If Win 10 has previously installed the latest version should install.

My Computer previously had dual boot Win 7 (32) & Win 8.1 (64)
In win 7 I got a message about incompatible CPU and in Win 8.1 the upgrade to Win 10 went ahead automatically.

Since I did not want to upgrade Win 7 to 10 I used a utility to disable the Windows Update to 10.

If upgrading the BIOS or UEFI does not work you can download the Microsoft program for creating DVD or ISO or USB of Win 10 from Microsoft

Which will create a disk of latest release of Win 10

Run the setup.exe from within your existing Win 10.

regards
Mike Barnes

TRENDING THREADS