Windows 10 registry settings for IP Address?

Kaila-0293

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
Is there any specific Windows 10 process that triggers the assigning of an IP address? Which part of the registry is responsible for the IP address? I am currently using Windows 10 and I am looking at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Tcpip/Parameters/Interfaces section of the registry, and I am unsure of which processes are fully responsible for my public and and private IP address. Could somebody perhaps point me to the right registry entry/s or the right Windows files and possibly explain what they do? I'm looking to learn more about how Windows works with IP addresses. I am currently using a dynamic IP address and not static, but I'm looking for a way to locate all settings related to my computer's IP address and what each one does specifically.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Is this the right place to post this? Sorry if it isn't.

Solution
Public IP (IPv4) address is determined by your ISP. You cannot do anything to request a new one, except perhaps change the MAC address provided to your ISP and reboot your modem/router.

Private address may be manually set on your PC, but is probably automatically assigned by your router.

Your PC has almost no say in what address you get, except for IPv6 addresses.
Public IP (IPv4) address is determined by your ISP. You cannot do anything to request a new one, except perhaps change the MAC address provided to your ISP and reboot your modem/router.

Private address may be manually set on your PC, but is probably automatically assigned by your router.

Your PC has almost no say in what address you get, except for IPv6 addresses.

Solution