Stuck at 60Hz with new 144Hz monitor Asus VG248QE

StefanIvic

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
I just got my new monitor Asus VG248QE and with it a DVI-D cable which wont get me 144Hz for some reason. When I go to advanced settings for dispaly it says it is a Generic PnP Monitor, for both of my monitors. How do I get my 144Hz here. Btw my GPU is GTX 970 G1.

Solution

You can't run duplicate these displays and run 144hz if your other monitors plugged in don't run 144hz as well. So you must unplug the other monitor each time you want to use 144hz. I have to do this with my TV I plug it in when needed and when I am gaming and want 144hz I unplug the TV.

Another fix would be using extended display or going into display settings each time and setting it to show only your 144hz screen, effectively blanking your other screen.

I have the...

Colts13

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016

You can't run duplicate these displays and run 144hz if your other monitors plugged in don't run 144hz as well. So you must unplug the other monitor each time you want to use 144hz. I have to do this with my TV I plug it in when needed and when I am gaming and want 144hz I unplug the TV.

Another fix would be using extended display or going into display settings each time and setting it to show only your 144hz screen, effectively blanking your other screen.

I have the same Monitor btw if you have anymore questions.

Solution