Upgraded Windows 10 build Computer startup VERY SLOW & task manager won't open etc.

Kavinqt

Distinguished
Like the description says I just updated my windows 10 build to a build I'm not fully sure of, I got the build off of microsofts official website a while back and put it on a USB so I had a version of Windows to install to. I used this USB to install windows 10 onto my dads laptop and had no issue whatsoever the login wasn't slow (SSD) both these computers are running an SSD. So I figured I could try to use this USB to get rid of the pesky activate windows logo on the bottom right as I updated some parts in my computer and made the activation logo show up and no old windows 10 keys would activate it so I used the USB to get rid of it which actually worked but when I boot my computer it goes to the login screen in about 6 seconds like most SSD's would but when I typed in my login info it took about 10-15mins to actually log into the user account after that it was a weird blackscreen with some programs showing and 5mins later it finally showed my normal desktop, but then I noticed task manager wouldn't open and I also can't run any program that requires any type of permissions as it just goes to a dimmed out screen and will sit there not doing anything till I ctr alt del and hit task manager and it will take me back to my desktop. So I can't run any antivirus and I can't try to restore to the previous build either as it will just lock up as it was trying to run a program needing admin powers. This is very very strange to me. I've been very handy with computer for over 10 years and have never had an issue like this, I'm not the one to ever have computer problems like this usually I can fix it with ease but this is just messed up.

(Edit): The Windows build on the USB is: 10586

Solution
can try long way to clean boot

Use the installer you upgraded with -
change boot order in bios so USB first, SSD second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

once in safe mode, first see if everything is normal in here..

if you can get into safe mode, right click start button and choose run...
type MSCONFIG.exe
follow steps to get to clean boot and see if that fixes problems.

Otherwise i would create the UBuntu live cd and rescue files off PC

then you could try a reset
boot from...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot - it will tell you if its a start up program causing problem: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/929135
unplug all extra USB devices and speakers and see if it changes anything. If PC boots normally without them, the problem is caused by one of the devices

save anything off PC you can't lose using: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

I would do a clean install using that USB or you can make a new one using: Windows 10 media creation tool as if reset won't work, its your fastest fix. Follow this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Kavinqt

Distinguished

It won't let me even launch msconfig I can search it but when I click it, it does nothing. I can't launch anything besides web browsers skype etc. I can't launch malwarebytes task manager msconfig and other things of that nature.

Colif

Win 11 Master
can try long way to clean boot

Use the installer you upgraded with -
change boot order in bios so USB first, SSD second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

once in safe mode, first see if everything is normal in here..

if you can get into safe mode, right click start button and choose run...
type MSCONFIG.exe
follow steps to get to clean boot and see if that fixes problems.

Otherwise i would create the UBuntu live cd and rescue files off PC

then you could try a reset
choose reset this pc
either keep files and settings (files = library folders), or wipe it all
PC will restart and reinstall win 10

Solution

Kavinqt

Distinguished

I just did windows update and restarted once more (I tried twice before had the same problems) this time it logged me in instantly and task manager, msconfig and Malwarebytes all run so it seems to be fixed? I'm not sure what exactly did it. I didn't do any clean boot etc? My guess is the windows updates somehow? When I logged back in I had notifications at the bottom right pop up telling me it reset all my default programs etc (like google chrome as default browser) images opened in png etc anyways it SEEMS to be working fine. If I run into any problems like that again I will come back and do a clean boot / reinstall windows completely fresh like you said, Thank you so much for all your help! You seem to know your shit :p