Please help me fix my computer.

Jm5ulla

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016
www.youtube.com
Last night i was downloading some stuff for my project then windows warned me that im downloading something dangerous for my pc but i kept it. After i woke up in the morning, i turned my pc on again, and i wasnt able open anything you can just double click on them and nothing happens, jpeg files are not supported, i really cant do anything on my pc anymore, and is now Very slow.

Solution
Depending on the OS.

If you have Windows 10 you can create bootable media from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
You'll need a USB drive or Disk - and needless to say, another computer to download it on.

Once it's created, attached it to your computer & turn it on.

You may have to enter the BIOS to ensure a USB drive is the first boot priority (some have an option to override when you first POST - usually pressing F8 or similar).

Follow the prompts. Select your install location (after deleting the partitions on the drive) and let it proceed.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What were you downloading? Are you 100% sure the file was safe? If not, you may well have some form(s) of a virus installed.

Run a virus scan - personally I use Avira & Malwarebytes.

Hopefully they can find what's up, and remove the issue. If not, you may have no alternative other than to reinstall your OS.

Jm5ulla

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016
www.youtube.com

I cant open any file and any folder. My clicks just highlight them. If i open softwares or app, my computer freezes.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Depending on the OS.

If you have Windows 10 you can create bootable media from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
You'll need a USB drive or Disk - and needless to say, another computer to download it on.

Once it's created, attached it to your computer & turn it on.

You may have to enter the BIOS to ensure a USB drive is the first boot priority (some have an option to override when you first POST - usually pressing F8 or similar).

Follow the prompts. Select your install location (after deleting the partitions on the drive) and let it proceed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS