Dual monitors using Intel i3 6100 (vga) and Gtx 960 (hdmi) can i game on 1 while using hd530 for the other??

G

So I have an old VGA monitor which i can plug into my onboard graphics supplied by the i3 6100, While also using my Hdmi slot on the GTX 960(it doesnt have a vga slot) for my tv . This shows Me the Extended desktop. What im wanting to know is if i can use the Gtx 960 on 1 screen for gaming while using the hd 530 on the other for web/movies?

G

Doesn't exactly answer my question. If i could use both on the gtx 960 i would be, but I cant, so thats why im asking. I just want to know if I can play a game using the gtx 960 on my tv while simultaneously using the Hd 530 on the i3 for light tasks on the other monitor?

scuzzycard

Honorable
It depends on your motherboard BIOS whether you can run 1 monitor off iGPU and the other of your dedicated GPU. I'm surprised that your GTX 960 didn't come with an adapter allowing you to use your VGA device from it. There is literally no advantage to using your integrated graphics for one of the monitors - it won't make your system any faster or more efficient.

G

Yeah I was surprised it didn't either. As I said in the first post, I can run both monitors using that setup and it goes into extended monitor mode. The advantage I want is to be able to play a game while using the vga (hd530) for light tasks. Is this possible or will both my monitors be using one gpu? Im unsure how it works.