where should i start for programming?

minecraft913

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
hello i really want to get into programming and I've tried doing a little but i just don't know much about computers. all i can do really is download a file and extract it to a mod folder for games. where should i start? please help. oh and i'm 14

Solution
Here is a good place to start: W3Schools. This will get you started on some web programming and teach some of the basic programming structures. From there, you need to decide if you're more into web programming or application programming (Javascript, C variants, perl, etc...).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Here is a good place to start: W3Schools. This will get you started on some web programming and teach some of the basic programming structures. From there, you need to decide if you're more into web programming or application programming (Javascript, C variants, perl, etc...).

-Wolf sends

Solution

g-unit1111

Titan
If you can apply for summer courses at your local community college, most have electives like basic C++ level programming available to high school students during summer classes. That would be a good place to start. You can also check Khan Academy.