Regular user or admin user

Toonhaze

Reputable
Aug 21, 2016
Hi

I am the only user of this PC and I would like to have as much control as possible. I consider myself a rather experienced user.

I see that I have 2 users now: my own user name and "Administrator". What is the difference?

In Windows 7 I just enabled the super admin and that was it but in Win10 is seems to be different.

Can someone please explain? Should I just ignore Admin account and continue using my own regular user?

Solution
The regular user in win 10 is an admin anyway, You leave the built admin for emergencies, as it can't actually open some parts of windows your normal user can.
If you ever make a local account it helps to make it admin as well as otherwise you have to enter your admin password to do almost anything. I am on a local account that wasn't admin for a few days before I got sick of entering my password.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The regular user in win 10 is an admin anyway, You leave the built admin for emergencies, as it can't actually open some parts of windows your normal user can.
If you ever make a local account it helps to make it admin as well as otherwise you have to enter your admin password to do almost anything. I am on a local account that wasn't admin for a few days before I got sick of entering my password.

Solution