Windows 10 will not boot up black screen with blinking cursor.

sparkyviking

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Hello. I am not a very experienced computer person. I bought a pc on kijiji with windows 10 that worked fine until I decided to upgrade the video card to a rx 480. I installed to computer and was stuck on a load screen for a very long time so I tipped the pc to the side to check some connections and my hand hit the power switch. Now when I boot up the computer the asus logo comes on and I can access the bios but the windows logo doesn't show up and the screen stays black and there is a blinking cursor on the right top corner. Did I brick my pc you think? Any ideas that could help me please ? thank you for your time.

Solution
Run System Restore from Startup Repair. If you can't get at Startup Repair, then you'll need a disk/drive that will let you boot to Startup Repair.

If you have the Win7 installation media, it may work - but you'll have to let your support provider know what kind of disk it is (if it's an OEM disk or a version that you can boot to Startup Repair).

Elizabeth Anderson

Reputable
Mar 27, 2015
Run System Restore from Startup Repair. If you can't get at Startup Repair, then you'll need a disk/drive that will let you boot to Startup Repair.

If you have the Win7 installation media, it may work - but you'll have to let your support provider know what kind of disk it is (if it's an OEM disk or a version that you can boot to Startup Repair).

Solution