Windows 10 wallpaper slideshow folder changes randomly

Hyperstalkerr

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
So for some reason when I have my wallpaper set it will at an uncertain amount of time change to a folder named fixer and my current wallpaper becomes distorted. Once I change the folder back to the correct one everything works fine I've tried changing my folder name to fixer but that didn't help at all. any info would be greatly appreciated. here are some pictures for a point of reference. Corrupted Desktop

Solution
Sounds like you know the fix but don't want to do it.. a Fresh install will remove any fragments of win 7 on PC. It might also start things working you didn't know were missing as well.

could try ccleaner but I generally don't trust registry cleaners.

Hyperstalkerr

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

Unfortunately it isn't related to a virus or malware I'm thinking it's more of a registry issue since I used to play around with custom themes on windows 7 and I performed an upgrade not a fresh install. I'm assuming something was left over and keeps flipping the folder back to something else.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sounds like you know the fix but don't want to do it.. a Fresh install will remove any fragments of win 7 on PC. It might also start things working you didn't know were missing as well.

could try ccleaner but I generally don't trust registry cleaners.

Solution