Monitor goes black, all sound stops playing and fans get extremely loud.

Arielzhou

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
I've been having problems with my computer (around 3 years old) for a while now. Previously, I had my GPU continuously crash so I sent it back and had it fixed. A few days ago, my SSD died on me and I had to get a new one with a fresh install of windows.

Now I seem to be having trouble with some of the other parts.

First of all - my temps on my GPU seem to be fine at around 23C idle and ~70C at high load.

However my temps on my CPU are of concern, at idle they range from 60-75C (10 to -5 thermal margin on Overdrive) and while playing a game they can reach the low 80s (usually -5 to -10 on Overdrive). I ran a Prime95 Blend for about 4 hours and it reached a constant 77C (-7 thermal margin) but nothing crashed/turned off.

The main problem I am having is that when I try and run a game (Overwatch), my monitor goes black and the sound turns off but the computer doesn't shut down, instead the fans go hyper and I have to turn of the machine by switching off the power at the PSU.

Specs:
Mobo - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN
CPU - AMD Fx-9370
PSU - Enermax NAXN ENM850EWT (850W)
RAM - 4x DDR3 AMD Patriot G2 Black Edition 1600Mhz
OS - Windows 7 Home

I'm not sure whether the problem is caused by my CPU overheating, a failing PSU, a dying motherboard/RAM or even my GPU having problems again. So I am turning to this wonderful community for answers.

Thank you very much!