Computer randomly blue screens and upon restarting tells me it can't boot my hard drive

xsparky

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015
Ugh, I have had this current PC for about one year. And for the longest time in worked perfectly. No problems everything running fast, but recently I have encountered a very annoying problem.
Usually when I am trying to run multiple applications at once the computer will become very slow up until the point where it freezes for a second or so and then gives me a quick blue screen (quick as in i am unable to read the error message because it immediately restarts). Upon restarting i begins to boot up like normal until I get the message on my screen that says "No bootable device detected". I have been able to temporarily fix the problem by shutting the power source off and turning it back on. This allows me to use the computer again and everything functions properly for a little bit before it blue screens again.
Anyone have any idea what might be causing me trouble?
thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you download and run who crashed - its under Crash Analysis tools: http://www.resplendence.com/downloads
it will look at the error messages and give us a summary to see what we working with here

Copy/paste results in here

can you right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type chkdsk /f and press enter
2 paragraphs appear on screen, click Y to the question regarding running at start up, This checks hdd for problems and will fix any it finds.

xsparky

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015

Here it is:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 9/5/2016 5:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x4DD20)
Bugcheck code: 0xEA (0xFFFFE0001765B080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

This is not the last time I have crashed though... I just got a blue screen about 20 minutes ago where it did the same thing. It gave me a short blue screen that i couldnt read then restarted and as soon as i got to the BIOS it told me that there was no bootable device detected. i turned off my power source and now it is working fine again.
I did the thing in the command prompt hopefully that will help