***ISO file to USB Drive Help***

FnIrish

Feb 10, 2011
I am in need of assistance.

I have an ISO file that I would like to copy over to a USB drive. The problem is that I DO NOT want it to be bootable, but I don't want it to be just the ISO image either. I want to be able to explore the files contained within the ISO and use a bootstrapper/exe to be able to manually install the program instead of the USB Drive being bootable and specific to that one program. Basically, I am making a Fixit USB Drive and I want multiple exe files on there in their own folders and be able to add/delete to the USB Drive if I need to and run the files within the ISO as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Michael1950

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
You may have already solved this. Just for general information, an .iso file is an archive, and can be opened and extracted with a number of standard archiving programs, including WinZip, and the free 7zip and peazip. Use an archiving program to extract the iso to your USB drive. You will then be able to run the .iso using the setup.exe file, and add whatever else you want to the USB drive.