Need help choosing a monitor set for dual 2k/4k gaming.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
So I had originally decided on a set of Acer monitors to game on since they are both incredibly highly rated and very reasonably priced but I just can't decide what I want after looking at other ones. I have it narrowed down to 3 sets of dual monitors (1 4k and 1 2k).

It's worth noting I have a GTX 1080, but plan on getting a Titan X when they start coming out with aftermarket cards, probably a ROG Strix or a Zotac Amp! Extreme.

First up is the Acer XB270HU bprz and the XB280HK bprz.
I like these a lot because of the price and the only downside is that the 4k monitor has a TN panel and the other is IPS. Great point on this is the price.

Next is the Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz and XB321HK bmiphz.
These are both IPS which is great, and the 4k monitor is a very nice 32". Another great point is that the 2k monitor has a 165Hz refresh rate. The 4k monitor is just a tiny bit brighter than the other 4k monitors I have listed as well. And both have the same 350cd/m^2 brightness. The biggest turnoff is the price! It would be over $2,000 to get both of these monitors and I am wondering if the price increase is worth it over the next set.

Lastly I am considering the Asus ROG Swift PG279Q and PG27AQ.
The price points on these are not bad but still significantly more than the XB Acer's. The bonus is that the 4k screen has an IPS panel. It also has the added bonus that the Predator has of having a 165Hz refresh rate. I am leaning a bit towards this set since both screens are IPS, and the 1440p has the slightly higher refresh rate, But my turnoff is that in a review of the XH280HK it said that 28" was kind of small for a 4k monitor, 27" might be cutting it close.

Here is a side by side comparison of the monitors I am looking at:
1440p; http://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/rtJkcf,ttnG3C,XvfmP6/
2160p; http://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/R8Trxr,kZwqqs,TzfmP6/

So what would be the best combo to go with?
Even if anyone could rule out an option that would help me greatly.

Solution
To make is simple for you to decide, it all depends of the budget you want to spend.

If you have a high budget and you can afford 2 TITAN X PASCAL cards then go for 4K dual monitor setup. There is no single card that can handle that kind of load. Single TITAN X PASCAL will not be able to provide 60fps with dual setup. Even GTX1080 SLI cannot handle 4K dual monitor setup.

If want to choose 2K dual monitor setup then you will be requiring GTX1080 SLI. Single GT1080 will not do nor the single TITAN X PASCAL. If you decide to get TITAN X PASCAL SLI for 2K monitor setup it will be the best as it will run games at smooth 60fps+ for very long time.

It all depends how regularly you upgrade. If you upgrade in every two years then go for 4K setup but if you upgrade in long intervals like 4-5years I would recommend to stick with 2K setup and TITAN X SLI if budget allows you.

The wait for TITAN X PASCAL with aftermarket cooler is useless. There will be no TITAN X PASCAL with aftermarket cooler releasing. You can make one yourself with EVGA or Corsair HYBRID kit or even try Arctic aftermarket air cooler.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable

I'm not sure what you mean maybe I should have clarified. I do not plan on running them together as a widescreen, I just want one to game on and one to do other tasks, such as look up items or how to finish a quest or things like that. Further, games which are optimized and run great at 4k I will use the 4k monitor, but games that don't will be able to use the 2k, I do not plan on using them in sync, I realize this will probably take away from my performance but I do not think unless I am heavily utilizing the GPU that I will see much of a difference than windowing out.

Another thing that is brought to mind is how well will a 1080 run 4k and how will that look compared to maxed out 2k?

For what I am doing I highly doubt I will need to SLI anything.

And the wait for me will be okay since I literally upgraded to the 1080 less than two months ago and if I do go with the Predator monitors, it will be quite a while before I can upgrade to the Titan X anyways, I fully expect Zotac or Asus, or MSI or whoever to come out with Factory OC'd cards with better cooling systems by the time I am even able to upgrade, who knows something far more powerful will probably have come around before then and I will just upgrade to that. What I know is that I just bought about $1000 worth of hardware to replace my CPU, RAM, and MB, and the next step is an M.2 drive, a backup Drive, and a newer PSU, which will be another $600-$700, and then I can start looking at monitors, it will be at least 3 months before I can even look at a new GPU, longer if I go with the Predator.

Make quality ASUS is better size Acer comes with 32" but is it that necessary(your decision). Looks and features again ASUS. Acer comes with thin or near to no top and side bezels but the bezel at bottom that stands out makes it look ugly. ASUS comes with bezel at all sides and at equal height which makes it look good.

Unless you want to go for 32" screen I would recommend sticking with ASUS. But if you wanna go with 32" screen then get both Acer Predators.

I think it will look odd to have one 27" monitor and one 32" monitor side by side(never tried it, not sure how it looks).

One more important thing ASUS is gonna launch first 144hz 4K monitor in coming few months if you can wait for it it will be great. If you wanna wait for it and want at-least a 2K monitor for time being it will be better if you can go with ASUS ROG Swift.

The screen used and mechanical specs in ASUS and Acer are almost same. The only difference is in external features and utility specs.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable

Yeah that's what my thinking was. The 2K monitors are extremely similar and it was probably going to come down to who has a better 4K monitor available. I know what I want in my next monitor thoughand I know I want at least 144Hz refresh rate and G-sync. I actually like the way both of them look but I don't know much about stands to make a decision based on that.

I think it will ultimately come down to which 2k I can get in about a month, because my current monitor has a 60Hz rr and a TN screen. The 144Hz 4k Asus is definitely appealing but it has to be a ROG Swift as well. I would like my monitors to match to a degree. Size difference isn't a huge deal to me.

The upcoming 4K monitor with 144hz from ASUS is of ROG lineup and comes with G-Sync and will be 27". About the stands Acer have tried and improved their stands a bit but still ASUS and DELL stands are top the line. For quality purpose I always choose DELL or ASUS unless I have to compromise on quality due to low budget. Get ASUS 2K monitor it has solid stand.

Solution
Here is the list CPU+Mobo+RAM:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($106.99 @ Best Buy)
Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($227.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $863.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-23 23:58 EDT-0400

Hope you have good black and red case if not get one NXT H440 will be good