Windows 10 "We can't sign you into your account"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ1500

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
Hey guys I need some help, I am going to try my best to tell everything about my problem and the stuff I have tried so far.

I built my own computer and have been using it for a few weeks until yesterday when it messed up on me. When I go to sign in to my account and put my pin in, it comes up preparing Windows for about 2-3 secounds then sends me to a "side account". I get the message "We can't sign you into your account" with the boxes "Sign out" or "Dismiss". It popped up to try to sign back in to my main account and I did try about 10-12 times and it always takes me back to the same place. I get a few pop ups from the message center that says "an app default was reset" I get about 5 of those. Then I get a Windows Explorer pop up that reads "You have been signed in with a temorary profile."

I have tried to restart my cpu a few times, then shuting it down a few, unpluging everything from the back for about 20 mins and rebooting it. I did a update check, a SCF file scan, going into the disk drive into the error checking and running it. Nothing seems to be helping it and I was hoping maybe someone here could help me out. I'll list my specs below and if you guy need any other info Ill be glad to get it for you.

Window 10 64 Bit Pro - bought from MS and loaded on a new SSD. Not a upgrade from Win 7 or 8.

Intel i7-6700K
16.0 GB RAM
SSD - the OS is on the drive
HDD - Games and other stuff is on this drive
ASUS Z170-A motherboard

Thats all the info I can think of off the top of my head. I'll give more info if you tell me what you need. Thanks

Solution
I am starting to get sick of windows 10 logon system. It just seems to forget passwords too easily

I have been here though slightly different reactions, I had auto logon set up but it was skipping my password and signing me into a local account. It did however work on a restart so i was able to turn auto logon back off and then set up a new local account to use instead of my Microsoft account. I didn't turn auto logon back on either, I just got used to a slower start up.

Anyway, how to fix this... If you locked out of PC, what is on C you cannot afford to lose? try using this to copy it onto hdd: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

I would suggest either a...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am starting to get sick of windows 10 logon system. It just seems to forget passwords too easily

I have been here though slightly different reactions, I had auto logon set up but it was skipping my password and signing me into a local account. It did however work on a restart so i was able to turn auto logon back off and then set up a new local account to use instead of my Microsoft account. I didn't turn auto logon back on either, I just got used to a slower start up.

Anyway, how to fix this... If you locked out of PC, what is on C you cannot afford to lose? try using this to copy it onto hdd: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

I would suggest either a reset or a fresh install
reset:
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose reset this PC
normally I suggest keep files/settings but no point in this case, choose wipe it all
PC will restart and reinstall win 10 (this won't touch hdd)

Fresh install:
disconnect hdd from power once everything copied onto it - we do this as Win 10 has habit of putting parts of itself on other hdd during install, this stops that.
follow this to fresh install win10: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html
when asked for a licence, click "I don't have one" and win 10 will auto activate on install

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.