Going to buy a second monitor. Questions

Dennis_4

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015
So right now i only got a single monitor, in 2016 LUL.
My GPU is a GTX 780 Twin frozr OC edition.
Can i get a second monitor on that GPU? and also, how? how do i install the second monitor?

thanks!

Solution

Right click on your desktop and click on display settings and then you will see your monitors, click on detect and it will detect monitors for you, you...

GameFreak01048

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
Hello!

You sure can no doubt!

Alright so you need to get another monitor that uses a cable that you are not currently using...kind of...

These are the ports you have on your GPU, you have HDMI, Display Port, a DVI-I and a DVI-D port so what you are after is a monitor that can use DVI-I or DVI-D and a DVI-I or DVI-D cable and you just plug it in and sorted!

Dennis_4

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015

Thx. I connected my tv on it actually. I connected the HDMI cabel from my TV in a HD to DVI connector? and plugged it into my pc. My pc reconizes the TV, but i got black screen on the tv. What am i doing wrong?

GameFreak01048

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016

Right click on your desktop and click on display settings and then you will see your monitors, click on detect and it will detect monitors for you, you should already see two monitors listed.

If not go to the device manager, find your monitors and see if there are any small yellow triangles by them and update the drivers if you need to :)

Solution

Dennis_4

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015

My friend. You are the best. It was my mistake. The screen was black because there was nothing on it. I can go with my mouse all the way to the left to get on my tv ( second monitor. ) and put things on there. :)

Thanks for the help!

GameFreak01048

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016

Any time :)

Enjoy! :)

TRENDING THREADS