backup favorites bar in windows 10

computerhelp1517

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
When I access File Manager and navigate to Users\Username\Favorites\Favorites Bar there is no listing of all the sites I have bookmarked for future use. Where do I find all those favorites so I can back them up and or copy and paste them into other users accounts? The only favorites that are listed are the ones stated under Favorites.

Thank you.
Big Lee Geek

computerhelp1517

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016

I am using Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0, Windows 10 anniversary update.

Are you using a Microsoft account (log in with a email address)? If you do that Edge favorites are backed up with other system settings with the integrated Microsoft OneDrive cloud. If you set up any new system or re-install on that same system with the same MS account the Favorites will automatically back up from OneDrive.

computerhelp1517

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
Tried accessing the following link to no avail. %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default.

It does list any of the folders and sites bookmarked on the Favorites Bar.

That's because the individual favorites are stored within a database file. Edge knows how to read that file, so if you copy that file and place it in that folder on a different Win10 system you'd see the same favorites.