Installing Win 10 on a Asus x99-deluxe ii and Samsung 950 Pro M2

Derrick_13

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
I have installed the latest Bios from Asus (1003) and it does not seem possible to install Windows 10 on the M2 drive which is plugged directly into a slot on the motherboard. While performing the Windows 10 install I get the following error: Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for the installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D.

The only work around I found is to revert to BIOS 0601. When I do this, the installation proceeds with no error.

Any idea why this is happening and why I cannot install on any of the last 3 bios versions?

Solution
I had a similiar issue. In my case I installed Win 10 on the M.2 drive, and was working. But then updated to 1003. Since the update I am forced into the BIOS to manually select the M.2 drive to boot, as it doesn't recognize it as a bootable disk (Using the F8 boot menu). Flashing back to 601 tonight for peace of mind. I think something is up with the updated BIOS.

Derrick_13

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
No it is not. Perhaps you have a different Motherboard? This is copied right from the Ass Site.

X99-DELUXE II BIOS 1003

I have spent a week and a half trying to get my machine stable without success.

scuzzycard

Honorable
I do have a different one, but 3301 is the latest version for a bunch of their X99's, so I'm surprised. Why don't you just run version 0601 for now? Sorry, that's all the advice I can give - I have had plenty of problems with ASUS X99-A's, but never with getting it to work with my 950 Pro, not with any BIOS version. Best of luck.

Not411

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
Friend, you made correctly the DVD / USB installation of Windows 10? The M2 or PCIe NVMe SSDs is necessary to install UEFI mode. I have a intel 750 series 1.2TB PCIe NVMe SSD installed Windows 10 x64 version without problems. I'm in 0903 beta version not yet updated to the new version, I am very curious to see if improved speed up boot time as ASUS is saying.

Derrick_13

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
I did make a UEFI USB Install. What I found is that Windows 10 would not install at all on my machine with any BIOS later than 601. I tried them all inclusing 903. So for example, on the latest BIOS 1003 when I try to run the install it goes to a Windows Recovery Screen. Flash the BIOS back to 601 and it installs, no problem.

After the installation if I change the BIOS to the latest version it gets completely confused and sometimes boots and sometimes does not. I mean that literally. Turn it on once and get a recovery screen. Shut down and try it again and it boots. Its enough to drive one insane.

After the installation is completed I get intermittent blue screens, usually with a memory corruption error. I have tested the memory extensively. I have also installed Windows 10 on to two other drives including a mechanical one and still the same issues. I think I got a bad motherboard or this ASUS motherboard is just crap. I have been at this for two weeks now. Unfortunately, I purchased the motherboard in Canada and I am in Trinidad. When I go back in October, I think I am going to go get a new motherboard. Hopefully I can still return this one.

Jayras

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
I had a similiar issue. In my case I installed Win 10 on the M.2 drive, and was working. But then updated to 1003. Since the update I am forced into the BIOS to manually select the M.2 drive to boot, as it doesn't recognize it as a bootable disk (Using the F8 boot menu). Flashing back to 601 tonight for peace of mind. I think something is up with the updated BIOS.

Solution