Windows 10 or 7 for gaming?

Nightlake

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Hey, so I'm a gamer and on christmas I'll be getting a pretty sweet build. (suits me anyway.)
I'll be upgrading from a 750 ti 2gb to a MSI GAMING X 1060 (6GB) so yeah, it'll be quite cool.
I'm also upgrading some other parts in my pc, but that doesn't matter. Now with directx 12, obviously the 1060 supports it. I really wanted to clean my windows (OS, dont create a joke XD) but I was debating which one was better for gaming. Now that windows 10 is more advanced and stuff, should I just reset windows 10? Or downgrade to windows 7?

Solution
Definitely go with Windows 10 - it's the smoothest running experience I've had with Windows (and that goes back to Win3.0). There are some downsides - notably the forced updates/restarts, but there are ways around those if you fish a bit and have your settings correct. It also is really the only way going forward to get the latest and greatest enhancements, so you'll eventually be forced that way if you want to or not.

That said, if you have a specific piece of older hardware or software you need that isn't compatible, by all means stay the course.

inanition02

Distinguished
Definitely go with Windows 10 - it's the smoothest running experience I've had with Windows (and that goes back to Win3.0). There are some downsides - notably the forced updates/restarts, but there are ways around those if you fish a bit and have your settings correct. It also is really the only way going forward to get the latest and greatest enhancements, so you'll eventually be forced that way if you want to or not.

That said, if you have a specific piece of older hardware or software you need that isn't compatible, by all means stay the course.

Solution