Emerson LCD - PC through HDMI looks blurry and weird

evilgamer1337

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
I have a 26" Emerson LCD television that I would like to connect to my EVGA 660 TI through HDMI, but when I do, it looks absolutely terrible... The text looks weird, and pictures/icons have jagged edges.. I have tried adjusting picture settings, and using the NVIDIA Control Panel, but nothing is working! Could somebody please help? :(

EDIT: Model number for TV is LC260EM2

Solution
The TV says it will accept 1080p and 1080i. It then has to internally scale them down to 720p (the ACTUAL resolution of the LCD panel). That scaling causes static text to look bad. Have you tried using the DVI-I to VGA adapter with a VGA cable? That may be the best choice. You will have to run audio separately.

evilgamer1337

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
When I try to change the resolution to 1360 x 768 in NVIDIA control panel, it changes to 1080p... The only res in the list that is 720p is 1176 x 664.

Also, if I use 1360 x 768, I get giant black borders around a small screen. But if I use 1176 x 664, it ends up being full-screen.

Another problem is that I don't know what "dot for dot" means... I don't see anything like that in my display options :/

kanewolf

Titan
The TV expects PC connection via VGA port, per the user's manual. For HDMI, 720p should be the right answer but 1176 x 664 isn't 720p. Maybe you had to tweak scaling in the NVIDIA control panel. Without "hands on" and seeing what you are seeing, I don't have any other recommendation.

kanewolf

Titan
The TV says it will accept 1080p and 1080i. It then has to internally scale them down to 720p (the ACTUAL resolution of the LCD panel). That scaling causes static text to look bad. Have you tried using the DVI-I to VGA adapter with a VGA cable? That may be the best choice. You will have to run audio separately.

Solution

evilgamer1337

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
That's what I was using before, but I'm in the process of hackintoshing (installing Mac OS X on PC) and VGA is poorly supported with OS X. So, I started using HDMI and it worked, but the quality just looks terrible...

Does it help if I tell you that my PS4 is set to 1080p signal, but the text looks just fine on there? Why would this problem be occurring with my computer plugged into the TV if my PS4 doesn't have an issue with it?