How much ram do you think is needed in the future?

Rubentje

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
Hey guys,
Currently running 8gb of ram. Already noticing some of my higher end games (like forza horizon 3) start to stutter with the message of "low memory" and when i check my resource manager on task manager it says i am using around 100% of my memory. Very soon i'm getting 16gb (yes, my mobo is compatible etc) to fix this issue. However, how long do you think i can keep using 16gb ram? How long do you think until games start using more then 16 gigabytes?
Thanks.

it used to be 8gb was more than enough but now days 16gb is the normal I should think it will be a long time before you need more than that anyway prices of ram are low so its good for us

Cynthius

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
I have 16GB of RAM and I've never had an issue with any games. I don't expect to in the near future either, mainly because very few systems are sold with higher RAM than that, and it would be unlikely for a games company to attempt to sell a game that's ahead of the hardware market. If you start to see more and more gaming systems sold with 32GB RAM, then it would be about time to upgrade again, but my guess is you'll be good for the moment.

Hope this helps!