ASUS VG248QE wont work at 144hz without DVI

ronball

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
I've got a mini-display port cable on my laptop that works fine with my 120hz samsung monitor, but with this new monitor whenever I set the resolution to 144hz through the ''PC" 1080p setting, it just black screens.

I've tried unplugging it, uninstalling the drivers, and reinstalling them (that's the only way to get them to get the display to work again, but it reverts back to 60hz). I've tried lots of different things, but either way it will not accept 144hz (or anything above 60).

On my desktop though, with DVI it works absolutely fine without any problems. Any suggestions?

Ive tried a mini-display port to DVI adapter too, but that caps at 60 hz.

Solution
To activate 144Hz function (in 2D mode), both DisplayPort (or Dual-link DVI) and a selected graphics card with the latest driver are required. Please kindly contact the service center of your graphics cards companies for further technical support.
To activate 144Hz function (in 2D mode), both DisplayPort (or Dual-link DVI) and a selected graphics card with the latest driver are required. Please kindly contact the service center of your graphics cards companies for further technical support.

Solution