windows 10 maxing out hardrive

MasterNewb96

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Since I have upgraded to windows 10 i have been having problems with system and compressed memory and just my hard drive being maxed out. last couple of days i have noticed a large file that is being created when system and compressed memory is running. The file is (WPR_initiated_WPR_DEFAULT_WPR System Collector.etl) this file will grow untill it fills my hard drive and I have no idea what it is

Solution
Press the windows key and r at the same time and type in the box "winver" without the quotes and it should bring up a box with your info about your installation. If you are on version 1607, meaning you are on the current anniversary update, there have been many problems that everyone has been having with poor performance, I have suffered from it a lot. Not much we can do right now besides wait for an update. You can try going to an insider build to see if it fixes the problems.

Ethanh100

Honorable
Press the windows key and r at the same time and type in the box "winver" without the quotes and it should bring up a box with your info about your installation. If you are on version 1607, meaning you are on the current anniversary update, there have been many problems that everyone has been having with poor performance, I have suffered from it a lot. Not much we can do right now besides wait for an update. You can try going to an insider build to see if it fixes the problems.

Solution

MasterNewb96

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015

I am currently on build ver 1511