Your PC ran into a problem, we're restarting for you - Adobe Premiere Pro

Dirty_Sprite

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
I realise that this topic may be more appropriately discussed somewhere on the Adobe forums (I have also posted there), but since the blue screen error message has to do with my SSD I thought it should go on Tom's Hardware.

Basically when I start using Adobe Premiere Pro CC (latest version up to date) It'll be OK for a while (a few seconds or minutes) then the SSD crashes into a blue screen which says: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. Then it displays a percentage and and a :( face. It then restarts no problem.

I have been using the program with an OC'd i5 4690K @ 4.0GHz with adequate liquid cooling for ages, and 16GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866MHz. Perhaps the CPU is overheating, although I'm not sure if that explains an SSD crash. Besides, OCCT shows that the CPU is stable up to 4.0GHz, and my temps are usually around 32 degrees per core.

Thanks for the help

Dirty_Sprite

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

I have plenty of free space on my SSD, just freed up about 100GB as a matter of fact (the capacity is 256GB). The only time when the crashing occurs is when Premiere Pro is opened and in use. It's definetly an issue with Premiere Pro, but I thought if somebody had some knowledge of software here they could help (the adobe forums generally move slower than TH).