Connecting a ps4 and a pc to one monitor

Yvo

Reputable
May 21, 2015
I'm using the Acer G247HYU. It is connected to my pc using HDMI, meaning the DisplayPort and DVI ports are available. I am planning on buying a ps4 and connecting it to my monitor as well. Can someone tell me:
Do I need to buy any extra cables?
How do I switch between my pc and ps4? I don't want to turn one of the two off.
My montor is 1440p, will it look bad? (I'm not buying the PS4K)

Solution
Does your computer have a DVI or DisplayPort port on it? If so just purhcase either a DisplayPort or DVI cable, use that to hook up your computer to the monitor, and then use an HDMI cable to connect the PS4 to the monitor. To switch between them just press the input button on your monitor to change to the other device. IF you dont want to buy anything, you could just use one hdmi cable and unplug it from your computer and plug it into the ps4, but that can get annoying.

Ethanh100

Honorable
Does your computer have a DVI or DisplayPort port on it? If so just purhcase either a DisplayPort or DVI cable, use that to hook up your computer to the monitor, and then use an HDMI cable to connect the PS4 to the monitor. To switch between them just press the input button on your monitor to change to the other device. IF you dont want to buy anything, you could just use one hdmi cable and unplug it from your computer and plug it into the ps4, but that can get annoying.

Solution