Computer WON'T LOAD WINDOWS SCREEN. JUST DARK BLUE SCREEN AFTER SPLASH SCREEN

clutch_noob221

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Hey, I been using my new computer for about 2 months, and no problems what so ever. I turn it off every night. 2 days ago, i tried turning it on and the GIGABYTE BIOS SPLASH SCREEN started up normally. After that it takes me to a dark blue screen. I kept it on for a day a nothing happened. Also, for some reason my keyboard doesn't turn on until windows is fully loaded, so i can't go into bios. I have tried placing the motherboard installation disc in there, and nothing still worked. Could it be a hard drive crash? Please help ASAP. Thank you in advance.
My specs:
Motherboard: GA H61M-DS2
CPU: I5 3570k
GPU: GTX 960 4gb
RAM: 12gb Crucial
Case: Corsair Carbide 500r

Solution
Take the CMOS battery out for 15 seconds or so to clear it.. then boot from a USB Windows tool and reinstall. It should work fine if its firmware/software related.

clutch_noob221

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

Yes I have tried all of those except the windows recovery tool. I tried every single usb hub. I reset CMOS. I'll try the windows recovery tool. Are there any other options and reasons why this happened?

Yeah lots. Maybe your HDD has failed, you had a power surge or numerous other reasons. Start off trying to repair Windows. If it can't, it's most likely hardware related. Also, if you have Win 10 the USB ports are often disabled with UEFI secure fast boot so thats normal.

clutch_noob221

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

Ok. I will try to do a windows 10 repair. But if i create a usb stick for the repair on a different pc, will I lose all my stuff on the pc that won't work?

clutch_noob221

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

The Windows repair drive didn't work. Could a hard drive crash just like that?

clutch_noob221

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

I wasn't using a disc. I used a USB drive. This computer i'm on doesn't have a cd drive installed.

Well because it was stable and you didnt change anything it sounds like a bad MB/CPU. If you had altered BIOS settings or done something it'd be different but the fact it just died suggest hardware. Did you have any major Windows/ME driver updates before it happened?

clutch_noob221

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

My mobo and cu where brand new. I think that's unlikely. Being honest, i don't think I reset the CMOS correctly.

clutch_noob221

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

I'm not sure if i did this correctly. I unplug the power from my pc. Then I took out the cmos. waited, then put it back in. Then i plugged the power back in. Is that how, because it didn't fix it. Does my power gotta be connected when i turn it on?

clutch_noob221

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

Nothing is working. I'm think of doing a fresh windows install of a disc.

clutch_noob221

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

Well I'm pretty sure it's a corrupted download. And when I inserted my hp disc I got the blinking light in the corner.