Asus X99 Delux II or something else

MunnaBhai79

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
So let me begin by thanking everyone who responds here. They help and support is very much appreciated. I am looking to build a brand new PC, somewhat high-end I guess. After working for many years I figure why not. So I'm looking at getting a Intel Core i7-6800. Any objections on this one?

The problem I am having is that I am cannot determine a good motherboard for this. I have looked at the Asus x99 Deluxe and Gigabytes with a FCLGA2011-3 slot. I'm looking online I can't find that 5 star rating product. It looks like the Asus's lineup on this particular slot well.. are having lots of issues. I need help/suggestion as to what would be a good motherboard that would provide me with the latest features and keep me up-to-date. As the motherboard is the main component, I'm setting aside roughly $300 to $400 for a really good one.

I am not a gamer at all, but want to feel that speed when I open something up. I'm going to be looking at putting a thunderbolt monitor eventually. I wanna get a really good graphics card and sound card, so suggestions are welcome.

I personally use to build computers for College Campuses more than 10 years ago, but since then have not, therefore, I have not kept up with the brands. During that era we use to say Asus is the mother of motherboards, is that still true? I used a lot Gigabyte motherboards in the past and they were as good I felt.

Anyhow, look forward to hearing from some of you.

Thank you.

MunnaBhai79

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

Well I'm not a game, but want that power in my pc. I do develop software though and write code.