Horizontal lines through monitor

Christopher_105

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Hey my monitor has horizontal lines going through it, some of them are more visible than others but they all have the exact same spacing between them. My monitor is a BenQ XL2420Z, I have had it for between 4-5 years now and this problem happened out of nowhere. The lines are on top of the image ( i can see through them). I've tried changing the cables but that did not do anything, I tried a different monitor with the same cables and it looked fine, it's most likely an issue with the monitor, I really want to avoid having to buy a new monitor, any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://imgur.com/MZllui3 here is a picture, the most visible lines appear here, one on the top right and one in the lower middle.

Solution
Yeah,

It's a issue with the monitor. You need to replace the monitor.

Remember to select an answer to help others with the same issue.

And also, I don't really know why it happens. It can be caused by someone hitting the monitor or the LED's in the monitor dying.

Christopher_105

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

What is wrong with the monitor exactly? The lines pretty much just came out of nowhere. If I were to get a new monitor what would I want to avoid to see that it does not happen again

Yeah,

It's a issue with the monitor. You need to replace the monitor.

Remember to select an answer to help others with the same issue.

And also, I don't really know why it happens. It can be caused by someone hitting the monitor or the LED's in the monitor dying.

Solution