What could happen if you boot a PC with broken pins on the Motherboard?

Mars3099

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Please Note: This is my first time posting here and my first time making a PC so please forgive my ignorance or if my post is just simply poorly made

So I was just making my first PC build when I think I might of tapped my Motherboard CPU pins. Upon realizing this, being the idiot I am, I went ahead and put in my CPU in without checking for any broken pins in my Motherboard. Later I tried to take out my CPU to check but I wimped out because after seeing video after video explicitly saying to be careful with the pins I was far too timid to even touch my CPU let alone take it out. Only after I installed my CPU cooler did the anxiety really get to me but even then I did not take a look because I had already placed the cooler with the thermal paste (that my nail tapped, will that mess it up too badly? it only slightly tapped 1/6 of the paste) and this cooler came with the CPU (both are new) so the thermal paste came with the cooler. So as you may guess I don't have any thermal paste to re-apply if I remove it. So with my anxiety on the high I decided to see what could happen if I started it with a broken pin.

So what would happen? will it break other parts in the PC? because if the Motherboard is the only thing that would need replacing then I would not care since I have a replacement plan on that anyways (which really just shows how dumb I am that I did not just check for a broken pin in the first place) or will it just not start up and nothing but my Motherboard would need to be fixed/replaced