black screen after turn off during update

Braydon_1

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
i accidently turned my computer off during a windows update (extremely dumb i know) and now my computer starts up with a black screen and a mouse cursor and stays like that for an extremely long period before a blue screen appears asking for a keyboard layout, an options menu appears and i try and click troubleshoot but nothing appears and it freezes, please help im absolutely stumped!!!!

Solution
well up too you really I would keep with 10 myself depends what you have on the drive / I would download windows 10 media creation tool and do the install over what you have now and it should keep all of your stuff the best advice I think.

Braydon_1

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

i have windows 10, after lots of waiting i managed to get to system restore in trouble shooting, should i choose restore to windows roll back or windows 10?

well up too you really I would keep with 10 myself depends what you have on the drive / I would download windows 10 media creation tool and do the install over what you have now and it should keep all of your stuff the best advice I think.

Solution