Pausing updates possible?

Kankkunen

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
I was recently playing game league of legends, was on promotion match to next league(very important match) and windows decides to start anniversary update..so in result my ping jumped to +500ms as i don't have the best internet connection. This made me utterly useless in the match and eventually lost because of me.

This made me very mad as i couldn't find anything how to stop the download...or at least pause it for while. Also there was no info shown (how big the update will be, how long it takes, only crappy % bar that didn't even update in real time it seems). Is there some hidden "pause update" feature that needs to be activated? Or is this even possible? Like some gaming mode when it won't update when doing something important that requires good connection speed..

Solution
Are you on version 1607?

If so, you can go to settiings/update & securitywindows update
Under Update Settings, choose active hours
Here you can set when you don't want updates running.. but if you try to make it all the time updates will eventually push their way in. So give it some time to do it but at least now it won't interrupt you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are you on version 1607?

If so, you can go to settiings/update & securitywindows update
Under Update Settings, choose active hours
Here you can set when you don't want updates running.. but if you try to make it all the time updates will eventually push their way in. So give it some time to do it but at least now it won't interrupt you.

Solution