UHDTV 40" TCL Game mod zooms in

Miguel26

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Hi!
I recently changed my old 32" LED TV to a 4k TV (TCL brand) and I noticed the best input type for the TCL is on Game Mode. In this setting there's no noticeable input lag from my PC but the problem I'm having is that the Game Mode syncs the display.

Is there anyway to configure the TV not to zoom-in in game mode??

TV model: TCL 40E5900UDS

Solution
well like my hdtv has '' Aspect Ratio Explained'' in the manual to explane what to use ?

1. NORMAL
Most analog TV channels have 4:3 signal formats. If the original 4:3 aspect ratio
(1.33:1 source) is preserved, black bars are added to the left and right of the
display image. This aspect keeps that aspect ratio and shows you the black bars
on the side.
2. WIDE
This mode will stretch the picture to a widescreen ratio. If you have a perfect 16:9
ratio picture you will not see any black bars. If you are watching a widescreen
movie in 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 ratio, you will still get black bars on the top and bottom of
the screen. If you use this mode on 4:3 pictures they will be stretched and
distorted horizontally.
3. CINEMA
This mode cuts...

Miguel26

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

worst case scenario, yes... but I have a feeling that there's just something I'm not configuring properly on the tv itself.. :(

well like my hdtv has '' Aspect Ratio Explained'' in the manual to explane what to use ?

1. NORMAL
Most analog TV channels have 4:3 signal formats. If the original 4:3 aspect ratio
(1.33:1 source) is preserved, black bars are added to the left and right of the
display image. This aspect keeps that aspect ratio and shows you the black bars
on the side.
2. WIDE
This mode will stretch the picture to a widescreen ratio. If you have a perfect 16:9
ratio picture you will not see any black bars. If you are watching a widescreen
movie in 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 ratio, you will still get black bars on the top and bottom of
the screen. If you use this mode on 4:3 pictures they will be stretched and
distorted horizontally.
3. CINEMA
This mode cuts off all 4 sides to try to make a widescreen movie fit better on the
TV screen.
4. ZOOM
When watching a 4:3 aspect ratio TV or movie, this mode zooms in to cut off most
of the black bars on the side while preserving the 16:9 ratio. Because of the zoom,
the top and bottom are cut off as well.
5. Full 100%
This mode is only available under PC. It will map dot by dot to the screen. Any
resolution will be proportionate.

so for the most part when in pc use its full 100% dot to dot [#5] but I can set it to what ever I need to as needed ?? also this hdtv manual covers pc useage pretty good

I have some older games that did not support anything over old 4:3 resolutions so with them I may need to change it to normal or wide to make then fit correct on a 16:9 display

Solution