PC tower starts but nothing else happens.

NakedFury

Honorable
Sep 27, 2016
Just finished cleaning my pc hardware from dust buildup and rearranged my cabling to a more efficient setup.

However the problem I have now is that while my PC tower and fans all start working, the rest of the devices dont. My keyboard doesnt light up when the pc starts, the monitors stay on standby waiting for the pc to do anything, not even the mouse laserlight starts up.

I have not added any new piece to the pc in two years and all I did today was remove dust and move cables around to have more space.

My video cards fan also starts up as well as the cpu fan. The computers dvd drive can open and close so I know it works as well.

I dont know what else to do and would like some help.

Solution
Check the 20/24 pin main motherbd connector and the 4/8 pin EPS motherbd connector and make sure those are all the way down. Those two power the CPU and motherbd. Everything else is working because they are getting power straight from the PSU.

popatim

Titan
Check the 20/24 pin main motherbd connector and the 4/8 pin EPS motherbd connector and make sure those are all the way down. Those two power the CPU and motherbd. Everything else is working because they are getting power straight from the PSU.

Solution