Hard drive space getting filled up by unknown things.

aquamaster12

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016
So im stressing out right now, recently i decided to get a new hard drive but im a while away from getting the money, now today i cleared up some old nvidia drivers and got it back to 11gb free space, i didnt install or do anything but not even an hour later it dropped back to 6gb and now its acting like a disease slowing eating up the remaining memory and if it really fills up everything my pc wont work anymore, i had it once where it gave me a week of blue screen, can someone tell me whats happening

Solution
as for the HDD space being eaten up, Download Spacemonger and see what is taking up space, delete what you want and then when it reapears you can see what is being placed on the drive.

As for Blue screens you need to look in event viewer and see what it says, alternatively you can use the WhoCrashed program to find out.
as for the HDD space being eaten up, Download Spacemonger and see what is taking up space, delete what you want and then when it reapears you can see what is being placed on the drive.

As for Blue screens you need to look in event viewer and see what it says, alternatively you can use the WhoCrashed program to find out.

Solution
Hi there aquamaster12,

It would be a good start to delete all previous restore points. Also, you can reduce the space allocated for system restore.
You can check this extensive tutorial out as well: http://www.howtogeek.com/125923/7-ways-to-free-up-hard-disk-space-on-windows/

Also, as bgunner suggested, it may be a good idea to run some disk analyzing tool. This would show you what is taking up the space.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)