Computer crashing and excruatingly slow after windows update

Slaminator

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
After installing what I thought was a normal windows update my computer went from super fast to excruciatingly slow and crashing. A expirienced this problem a while ago after installing an update it seemed to go away when I wiped my hardrive and reinstalled windows. But it came back and I really don't wanna wipe my hardrive again pls help.

Solution
No not normal at all really. If you click the column to sort processes by usage, what is taking it up? Or is it an invisible process? Could be malware, a corrupt OS or a failing HDD

Slaminator

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016

i recovered my pc from before the windows update but nothing has changed exept the crashing which has stopped but it's still slow and freeezing

Slaminator

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016

so i did what you said with the task manager it appears my hard drive is maxed out or top 90's most of the time is that normal.

TheMISavoyard

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I have the same problem as Slaminator. Rolling back didn't help - same super-slowness was there too. Task manager tells me everything is running between 15% and 40%, which seems totally normal to me. No obvious processes that don't belong.
Any further thoughts on this?

TheMISavoyard

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Slaminator - not sure if this will help you, but I was able to resolve my issue by doing these things:
- roll back to a previous build (through the Win10 System app)
- deleted all the files in the Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Downloads/ folder
- then re-installed all the updates via the Windows10 Updater app.