Keyboard and Mouse acting weird. Dolphin Emulator.

LuckLess_7

Reputable
Sep 12, 2016
Hi, I'v been searching now for over two weeks for an answer and have asked in multiple forums already, so I thought I'd give the troubleshooting another shot and try my luck here.
My Keyboard is acting extremely strange once I open Dolphin.
In case you're not familiar with it, Dolphin is a Nintendo WII / GameCube emulator that uses DirectX APIs (DX11 and 12).
I'm using a Sharkoon Skiller Pro+ Keyboard and a Drakonia Black Mouse.
100% of the time after I open Dolphin, the Keyboard-input I do on the Sharkoon gets mapped wrong! I've done a lot of tests, the problem can be reproduced and is consistent, however, the way the keys get 'remapped' is not. Sometimes pressing the H key opens Chrome Help (as if you would press F1 within Chrome), next time it opens Windows Shell etc. Weird stuff like that. What I have to do then is to open the software the Keyboard came with and restore factory settings, then I can load my preferred profile into the keyboard and it will work within any other application until I open the Dolphin software.

-I have all the latest Windows updates and drivers installed.
-I have tried several other USB ports and the problem still persists.
-I have tried my old Keyboard, the Logitech K120: The problem does not occur.
-So far it has only happened after opening Dolphin.
-The incorrect Keymapping will carry over to another PC. After I open Dolphin, the keys get mapped incorrectly. I unplug it and plug it into another computer: Keys are being mapped wrong. So it must be somehow internally.

Is there anyone who can think of what's causing it? It's driving me crazy and I don't want to return the Keyboard as a faulty unit when it is in fact a software issue that's affecting hardware.

Thank you for your help!

i76700k@4.5Ghz, Asus z170 pro Gaming. Dolphin 5.0-626. I'm using a Xbox 360 wireless controller + a real wiimote connected via MAYfalsh Dolphin bar. I'm on Windows 10.

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

Lets not forget you're using an Emulator of a Gamecube Game so, while i don't have a solution to give you, i would be sceptical as to whether there is one.

LuckLess_7

Reputable
Sep 12, 2016
Let's ask the other way around: What would be necessary to do if one were to want causing a problem like this? What would a programmer have to do in order to mess with keyboard mapping? Maybe that way I could find an answer.

mbcoolnes85

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

I have the same problem, have you found any solution?