How sure are we that overclocking 144hz monitors to 165hz causes no negative effects?

WilkinzMicawber

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
I just recently received a Viewsonic XG2703 IPS monitor and am hesitant to run it at 165hz. Does anyone know whether running monitors at overclocked frequencies degrades the picture at all?

Solution
No reason the picture should be degraded by the higher refresh rate. All you're doing is telling the display to change the image faster, you're not in any way altering the data associated with the frames or degrading the display's ability to actually display the frames. I guess you might get some negative effects with displays that have rather high response time.
No reason the picture should be degraded by the higher refresh rate. All you're doing is telling the display to change the image faster, you're not in any way altering the data associated with the frames or degrading the display's ability to actually display the frames. I guess you might get some negative effects with displays that have rather high response time.

Solution