Below are my hardware spec:

CPU: i5 4590 3.3GHz
MB: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 1600 bus
SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo
HDD: 1TB Hitachi

PSU: Seasonic M12II 520W

It takes random restart out of nowhere. Doesn't matter how much CPU load or what. For example, last restart took, when I was browsing a basic website on firefox with one another tab opened!

I have checked CPU temperature. It remains in less than 40 degree C in idle and max 70-72 degree C while in stress. I have put 100% stress on CPU using some benchmark tool, but it did not restart. It restart randomly. Around 2-3 restarts per day. PC remains open for around 15-16 hours a day.

Tried DISM, sfc, chkdisk. No error found.

From Event Viewer, I can see, it shows "Kernel-Power" error with 43 as EventID and 63 as Task Category.

This is the message on Event Viewer:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

More details:

- System
- Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
EventID 41
Version 4
Level 1
Task 63
Opcode 0
Keywords 0x8000400000000002
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2016-09-29T18:18:49.272350400Z
EventRecordID 3053
Correlation
- Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8
Channel System
Computer xxxx-PC
- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18
- EventData
BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress 0
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0
Checkpoint 0
ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
Just to inform, I have completely reinstalled Win 10 after formatting C drive. Did not fix the error.

Solution
Hello... Try removing and (replacing?) your MB Battery... and give your CMOS a reset/clear... replace battery... could be a bad bit in there too. B /
2for$@$store.
Hello... Typically that means the Problem is with your HARDware and not the software... some hardware device is defective, or losing power, or losing communications, or has a Bad connection to it.

Try a spare, different PS... Disconnect the Hitachi HD from the system... DVD/CD players... Card readers... remove any extra plug in cards... disable integrated MB chips in the BIO's... LAN, audio, WIFI, extra memory sticks... CPU FAN Tach input... any of these kind of hardware items, ON or Plugged into your MB can cause the Kernel 41. B /

The main PS connector to the MB is a very important Power connection... and I have seen a lot People not getting it Connected properly... or there is a Pin push back out of the connector, And this connector, will be on the top of my list of things to check. Check all your Molex 4pin PS connectors... sockets and Pins can get a loose connection, and pins can get pushed out the back of them too.

Checking, and cleaning the PINs and Connectors to your CASE, DVD/CD, MB, CPU fan, Memory, HD's and Cards, will not take very long, And have stopped these Hardware Problems for me many times... Take your Time and look close ( magnifying glass ) at things. there are a lot of small connections that need to maintain a electrical signal.

1) Make sure you have no un-happy hardware drivers in your "Device Manager"... No Yellow or Red icon indicators
2) Clean all card/stick edges with rubbing alcohol... And Re-insert cards.
3) Inspect and clean all DATA and Power connections... to your Hardware and MB.
4) Verify all devices CPU/GPU/MB temperatures are with in Normal operating temperatures.
5) Verify your Power Supply 12Vdc has enough current , To operate your Video Card and CPU, at the Performance setting you are using.
6) Test One Part at a time in a known Good Computer.

Kernel 41 errors are tuff problems too solve... and sometimes takes all those steps I listed to get rid of them, Before you start Blaming/RMA the MB for it... Un-plug as much as you can from the MB and still be able to get into Windows... I've had failing DVD/CD players, Card readers, and USB Case connections that have caused a lot of BSOD. B /

Nick_50

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
I had exactly the same issue, hardware only 4 months old and all tests on disks, memory, temperatures were all fine. Someone suggested I reinstall Windows 10. I thought it was rubbish but I did it and now I haven't had a reboot in weeks.

Also in power settings don't pick 'never' for hard disks, the system and monitors to sleep, type in a big number like 999999 minutes (nearly 2 years).

Nayemur

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

Already unplugged and plugged all hardware 2 times. Will try to get another PC or another PSU to test.

Nayemur

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

Thanks again. Will try this.

Nayemur

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

I did a CMOS reset. After that it did not fix the problem. I have faced around 2-3 random restarts for next 2-3 days. And then it stopped! I did not face any restarts for last 5-6 days. Not sure if problem is fixed or not. Still monitoring.

ripperstatus

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

Still running fine with no crashes? Any ideas what the issue is/was?