Random Boot Disk failure

Jellone

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
So ive bought a new pc 1 year ago and it worked properly for about 6 months... then i had the boot disk failure but only sometimes. Everything was set up right in the BIOS. After i got sick of it because it slowly got worse after time ive decided to get a new Hard disk and the Problem was gone. And now, when i leave my PC on idle for about 30 minutes it automatically restarts and it says Boot disk failure again... so is it my power supply or mainboard?

Solution
Hello Jellone

Can you please try this:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Go to Device Manager.

> Expand the Network adapters tree.

> Right-click your network card.

> Click Properties from the context menu.

> Go to the Power Management tab.

> Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to safe power checkbox.

> Save the changes and check if the issue is resolved. If it isn't, try updating your BIOS.
(Note: Make sure to back up your current BIOS before updating. This would be helpful if something goes wrong with the updates.)

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)
Hello Jellone

Can you please try this:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Go to Device Manager.

> Expand the Network adapters tree.

> Right-click your network card.

> Click Properties from the context menu.

> Go to the Power Management tab.

> Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to safe power checkbox.

> Save the changes and check if the issue is resolved. If it isn't, try updating your BIOS.
(Note: Make sure to back up your current BIOS before updating. This would be helpful if something goes wrong with the updates.)

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution
Hi there Jellone,

I would agree with viveknayyar007. It is a good start to adjust the power settings and updating BIOS.

In case the issue persists though, I think it is going to be a good idea to double check your connections. Just attach the drive with different SATA and power cables. You can even use another SATA port.

Backing up your important data is never a bad idea.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)